At Akers Law Offices in Charleston, West Virginia, we represent a wide range of clients. Some suffered serious injury or face an employment problem. Others have a difficult insurance problem such as bad faith claims handling. Still others may need a litigator to help with a business dispute. Whatever type of claim you have, we purposely operate as a small law firm. This allows us to give you personal attention from start to finish. Having handled hundreds of personal injury cases, our firm has the experience needed to obtain full and fair compensation for you.
Call us toll free at 888-689-4893 for a free consultation
A West Virginia Lawyer Who Understands Your Needs
Attorney JB Akers is a native of West Virginia and understands the laws regarding some of the most frequent types of accidents that occur because of our state's unique mix of industries and recreational activities.
Our experience includes personal injury litigation involving:
- Workplace accidents: Including injuries and wrongful death in the mining and logging industries, construction and shipping
- Motor vehicle accidents: Including automobile wrecks, truck accidents, ATV accidents, boat accidents and motorcycle crashes
- Injuries from defective products: Including dangerous industrial equipment and cranes, consumer products and exposure to toxic materials
- Medical negligence: Including physician malpractice, birth injuries to mother or baby, prescription errors and dentist negligence
- Recreational accidents: Including hunting accidents, boat wrecks, ATV accidents and swimming pool injuries
- Injuries on dangerous property: Including retail store accidents, injuries in hotels, accidents on school playgrounds, parking lot and parking ramp accidents, injuries from assault
We are proud of our record of settlements and jury awards in the most complex types of catastrophic injury lawsuits, including:
- Brain injury
- Serious burns
- Back and spine injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
General Litigation And Dispute Resolution
In addition, we use our experience to advise and represent individuals, businesses and municipal entities in matters involving insurance litigation, West Virginia employment law, contract disputes, consumer protection and general settlement negotiations.
Recognized For Integrity And Successful Representation
Mr. Akers was chosen for inclusion in the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 West Virginia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists, another peer-review publication. Less than 2.5 percent of eligible West Virginia lawyers are named to this list each year.
Contact Us To Arrange A Free Consultation About Your Litigation Case
Whether you suffered a serious personal injury, have an insurance claim or you have been subject to discrimination at your job, we are here to help. While we often represent motor vehicle and motorcycle accident victims, those are just some of the many claims we have handled over the years.
Contact our law offices to schedule a free consultation. Together we can decide the best way to handle your situation, whether through a lawsuit or some other form of representation. Evening and weekend appointments may be available by special arrangement.