A large part of our practice at Akers Law Offices involves educating our clients. State and federal laws are complicated and constantly changing. At any given point in time, it may be difficult for anyone to understand their rights.
We periodically post articles on our site that help inform you about important legislative changes, that discuss current events that raise interesting legal questions and bring attention to nuances in the law. We encourage you to read them and learn more about your rights.
- Drunk driving deaths in West Virginia
- Study indicates riding a motorcycle may teach good driving habits
- Reducing rear-end crashes: NHTSA recommends automatic braking technology
- Back to school: Knowing West Virginia’s school bus laws
- Kanawha County leads state in pedestrian deaths
- Even just a trace of alcohol can affect a person’s ability to drive
- Knowing what to do after a car wreck in West Virginia
- Government seeks reduction in impaired truck accidents
- Pregnancy discrimination and the failure to accommodate
- Federal government to require rear cameras by 2018
- The potential liability in West Virginia for the illegal sale of alcohol
- Mass suits filed against vaginal mesh manufacturers in West Virginia
- Sharing the road safely with coal trucks in West Virginia
- United States may be liable for inadequate safety inspections of mines
- The dangers of West Virginia’s road construction work zones
- West Virginia changing drugged driving laws?
- Interstate 77 near Charleston may be an example of a dangerous roadway
- Congress May Block New Electronic Recorder Mandate for Trucks
- Put Your Cell Phones Away: West Virginia Passes Distracted-Driving Law
- Stop the Liability Teeter-Totter After a Commercial Truck Accident
- Winter Weather Requires Extra Caution From West Virginia Drivers
- West Virginia Teens Urge Texting Ban
- Navigating the Forgotten Hazards of Summer Driving
- Disaster Strikes in West Virginia Coal Mine
This page will contain a list of links to organize and provide navigation to information on your website.