Drunk drivers are responsible for a disproportionate number of cases involving serious injury and death. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has estimated that:
- Someone dies every 50 minutes as the result of a drunk driver
- Someone is injured in an alcohol-related crash every minute
- One in three people are predicted to be involved in an alcohol-related crash in their lifetime
- More than 6,000 teenagers are killed per year, which is more than the deaths from all illegal drugs combined
These statistics are staggering, but it is still easy to feel alone after a drunk driver leaves you or a loved one with life-changing or fatal injuries. You are not alone.
Let Akers Law Offices be your legal partner, so you can get the compensation you need and the answers you deserve. Call 304-932-4571 or email for a free consultation.
At Akers Law Offices, we will patiently help weigh your options and determine the best legal course for you. There is no cookie-cutter approach to the way we handle our clients' cases, we treat every case with individual attention.
This is especially true in the often tragic drunk driving cases. In these claims, we will even help you communicate regularly with the prosecutor's office to keep you up to date on developments if there is a related criminal case. Drunk driver cases do not just involve your ability to recover medical expenses, lost wages or other damages, they are also about obtaining justice for the victims of these preventable events.
Cases Stemming From Driver Impairment Involve Extra Considerations
Attorney JB Akers is experienced at handling all types of motor vehicle accident claims, particularly those caused by drunk drivers. His experience can prove significant for a successful outcome in your case due to the unique issues involved in these cases such as:
- Insurance claims: Insurance plays a key role in personal injury cases involving drunk drivers. If a drunk driver caused your accident, you need to work with an attorney who understands the impact alcohol use can have on the available insurance coverage.
- Punitive damages: It may be possible to secure punitive damages. Punitive damages are not permitted in all cases, such as a regular traffic accident. However, in drunk driving claims punitive damages are often warranted and serve to not only compensate you for your losses but also punish the drunk driver.
- "Dram shop" or bar and restaurant liability: We are also careful to evaluate whether you may pursue compensation from the bar or drinking establishment that served the driver. Bars, restaurants and other places that serve alcohol can be held liable for injuries caused by a drunk driver.
Attorney JB Akers is especially experienced in personal injury and insurance matters, and we work to maximize the coverage available to victims of drunk driving cases. He can evaluate all of the coverage that may be available, even if the drunk driver appears to be underinsured or uninsured.
Let Us Help Ease Your Burden By Handling Your Insurance And Legal Details
If a drunk driver caused you to suffer harm, we encourage you to let us help you get through a terrible period in your life. We will handle the insurance company and your personal injury case. Contact us now so that our lawyer can begin helping you.
Call 304-932-4571 or send us an email. Your initial consultation is always free and we never charge attorneys fees unless you recover. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our offices or at a location convenient to you.