Most nursing home facilities provide decent care for their patients. When they fail, the results can be tragic. At Akers Law Offices, we help you stand up for your loved ones when they can't by advocating for them in lawsuits involving nursing home abuse and neglect such as:
- Falls: People in long-term care are not only at a higher risk of falling, but they are injured a lot more as a result.
- Wrongful death
- Wandering off: Also called elopement, this is a known danger with Alzheimer's or dementia patients.
- Medical negligence: Failing to provide medication, failing to manage pain and giving the wrong medications are common forms of nursing home malpractice.
- Physical abuse or sexual abuse
- Dehydration and malnutrition
If you believe that someone you love is being neglected or abused in a nursing home or other long-term care facility, call our office in Charleston at 304-932-4571 or send us an email. We offer a free initial consultation with our lawyer.
Watch Out For Signs Of Senior Citizen Abuse Or Neglect
Abuse and neglect are never a one-size-fits-all case. Any combination of careless or reckless actions can create a dangerous situation. If you see the following signs, your loved one may be suffering from elder neglect or abuse:
- Wounds, especially bruises or broken bones
- Pressure ulcers, also known as decubitus ulcers or bedsores
- Infections, especially infected wounds
- Sudden weight loss or weight gain
- Sudden mood changes or fearfulness
If You Know Or Suspect Abuse, Call Us For A Free Consultation
If you see any of the above symptoms, please contact the Akers Law Offices. Our highest priority is to get your loved one out of danger. After that, attorney JB Akers can use his skill and familiarity with nursing home regulation to get you and your relative the compensation that you deserve.
Call us at 304-932-4571 or toll free at 888-689-4893 for a free consultation. We also encourage you to send us your information, and we will contact you.