Not all motor vehicle collisions occur on dirt, gravel or paved roadways. In West Virginia, many accidents occur on lakes or rivers involving vehicles from personal watercraft to public tour boats. These types of accidents often involve unique state or complex federal admiralty laws. Not every personal injury attorney is adequately prepared or equipped to handle these cases.
At Akers Law Offices, in Charleston, we are. Our attorney grew up driving boats on the state's numerous lakes and rivers and has handled numerous cases involving boating accidents. He knows both the land and the law. This combination puts him in a unique position to help you obtain the compensation you need to recover from your injuries.
What Types Of Accidents And Injuries Are Compensable?
Many different types of recreational accidents and injuries that occur on boats while they are moving or docked are compensable. We have experience handling cases involving:
- Collisions with water skiing boats
- Injuries caused by defective or dangerous parts
- Operators who were drunk or driving carelessly
- Injuries or death caused by capsizing or sinking
- Sea-Doo or Jet Ski accidents
- Fishing boat accidents
- Injuries caused by falling objects or carelessly stowed gear or tackle
- Riverfront or harbor tour boat accidents
- Collisions at a dock or pier
- Cases involving federal admiralty laws
Learn About Your Case In A Free Consultation At Our Office Or Your Home
If you or a loved one was in an accident, we understand that you are burdened with a great weight. We want to ease your pain and frustration as much as possible. We offer free initial consultations, and our lawyer will meet you at a place convenient to you and never charge a fee unless we recover compensation for you.
Call a compassionate member of our staff at 304-932-4571. You may also complete our online form, and we will contact you.