At Akers Law Offices, we provide prompt and attentive client service for individuals and families in a wide range of West Virginia personal injury and employment law cases. We also represent people from outside the state who are facing a legal problem here in West Virginia. We know how to deal with every aspect of the cases we handle, from negotiating with insurance companies to collecting evidence and proceeding through the court system. We are here to fight for your rights and help you move forward with your life.
For a free consultation about your case, contact our law office in downtown Charleston. Experienced employment law attorney JB Akers represents clients in both state and federal courts.
Personal Injury Claims
At our firm, we are committed to helping clients who have been injured in all types of accidents, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents: We help clients who have suffered serious injuries in car wrecks, motorcycle crashes, and commercial truck wrecks. We also help people hurt in accidents caused by distracted drivers, texting while driving, drunk drivers, truck driver fatigue or dangerous highway conditions. No matter the cause or the type of accident, including rear-end collisions and speeding accidents, we can help.
- Boating, maritime and shipping accidents: Just like a car accident, negligence on a boat can lead to devastating injuries for passengers, crew and others aboard. We represent clients in negligence claims involving personal watercraft, Jones Act claims and other boat accident cases.
- Recreation accidents: As an experienced injury attorney in Charleston, JB Akers handles all types of recreational accidents, from ATV accidents to hunting accidents.
- Premises liability: From slip-and-fall accidents to injuries on hotel premises, we can provide you with the skilled representation you need.
- Workplace accidents: With our experience handling employment cases, we can provide knowledgeable assistance with coal mining accidents, logging accidents, construction site accidents, and deliberate intent claims against the employer.
- Products liability: We represent clients injured as a result of a dangerous defective product, including chemical exposure and other "toxic torts"
- Medical malpractice: We handle cases involving misdiagnosis, surgical errors, hospital errors, birth injuries, pharmacy and medication injuries and other forms of medical malpractice.
- Nursing home negligence and abuse: We help nursing home residents and their families bring claims against nursing home facilities and staff for negligence and abuse.
- Dental malpractice: Similar to medical malpractice, negligence on the part of a dentist or oral surgeon can result in serious injury.
- Fatal accidents: While we understand that no amount of compensation can ever make up for your loss, we can help you recover financial stability through a wrongful death claim.
We handle cases involving all types of serious and catastrophic injuries, including brain or spinal cord trauma, burns or amputation. We also represent those harmed when insurance claims are denied in bad faith, by consumer fraud, or clients facing problems at schools, whether they involve students, parents, teachers, coaches, counselors or administrators.
Attorney JB Akers handles all types of employment matters and disputes for employees in West Virginia, including:
- Sexual harassment or discrimination on the job
- Retaliatory termination
- Wrongful termination
- Problems with medical or disability leave at work
We also handle appeals in all of the areas named above.
Contact a West Virginia Injury and Employment Law Attorney
To learn more about our personal injury and employment law practice and our ability to provide effective client service in your case, contact Charleston lawyer JB Akers at Akers Law Offices. We offer free initial consultations to all potential clients.
We take cases on a contingency fee basis. That means we only collect attorney's fees if we successfully resolve your case through a monetary settlement or at a trial that results in compensation for you.
Evening and weekend appointments are available at our offices or at a location convenient to you.