Motorcycle Accidents Are Generally More Hazardous Than Car Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are more likely to result in catastrophic injury or death to the motorcycle rider. Motorcycles have been gaining popularity as a recreational and primary vehicle in West Virginia. People often assume that motorcyclists are at fault when a motorcycle accident occurs. Because of this stigma, motorcycle riders must be aware of their legal rights if they get into an accident. At Akers Law Offices, we believe all personal injury cases deserve fair and equal treatment. We are committed to helping motorcycle accident victims receive the full compensation they may be entitled to by law.
If you have been injured or you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle crash, contact our lawyer at 304-720-1422 for a free case evaluation. We are here to help you through the legal process so you can focus on your recovery.
Motorcycle Riders And Their Passengers Are At Greater Exposure For Serious Injuries
It’s estimated that 80 percent of motorcycle accidents result in death or serious physical injury to the rider, compared to only 20 percent of car crash victims. Motorcycle drivers are in a position where when they get into an accident, they are exposed to greater dangers compared to any other vehicle accidents. The lack of barriers to protect them may result in usually more severe injuries and may include:
- “Road rash”
- Fractures and broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding, organ failure
- Head injury or traumatic brain injury – In spite of the use of a helmet, motorcyclists may suffer brain injuries after an accident. Brain injuries are particularly severe, as they can dramatically impact a survivor’s ability to work and help support a family over his or her lifetime.
- Other catastrophic injuries
Our Knowledge Of Accident Reconstruction Makes A Difference
Our team of Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorneys have been helping the injured recover damages years. At Akers Law Offices, we believe the experienced attorney JB Akers brings to the table makes a real difference when proving your case. We do everything in our power and explore all avenues to help win your case, including:
- Working with expert motorcycle riders to recreate your accident
- Using computer simulation programs to give insurance companies, judges or juries a visual demonstration of what happened
- Consulting technical experts to inspect the motorcycle and help for any product defects
- Inspecting maintenance records to see if work was performed correctly
Our Knowledge Of Insurance Helps You Get Paid. Call Us Today.
An enjoyable motorcycle ride can turn into a serious accident in an instant. All it takes is a careless driver to turn your life upside down, potentially causing severe injuries and overwhelming medical bills. If you have lost a loved one or you think you have a claim after being injured in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, Akers Law Offices can review your case and explain your legal options.
Our focus on every detail does not end with the motorcycle accident itself. Another area where our experience can be of great benefit to our clients is our knowledge of how to properly seek payments by insurance companies.
Since there is no PIP (personal insurance coverage) for motorcycle accidents in West Virginia, our lawyer will look into all available insurance policies, including any underinsured/uninsured motorist policies, medical policies and umbrella policies a driver may have.