We Stand Up For Seniors Who Suffer Abuse Or Neglect
Much of the time, nursing home abuse occurs because a facility is mismanaged, understaffed or poorly staffed.
Placing an elderly loved one in a nursing home or assisted living facility can be a heart-wrenching decision. Most nursing home facilities provide decent care for their patients. There are far too many situations where nursing home residents are mistreated whether that’s through neglect or physical, mental, sexual and/or financial abuse. At Akers Law Offices, we help you stand up for your loved ones when they can’t, by advocating for them in lawsuits involving nursing home abuse and neglect such as:
- Falls: People in long-term care are not only at a higher risk of falling, but they are injured a lot more as a result.
- Wrongful death
- Wandering off: Also called elopement, this is a known danger with Alzheimer’s or dementia patients.
- Medical negligence: Failing to provide medication, failing to manage pain and giving the wrong medications are common forms of nursing home malpractice.
- Physical abuse or sexual abuse
- Dehydration and malnutrition
If you believe that someone you love is being neglected or abused in a nursing home or other long-term care facility, call our office in Charleston at 304-720-1422 or send us an email. We offer a free initial consultation with our lawyer.
Watch Out For Signs Of Senior Citizen Abuse Or Neglect
The National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) suspects that one out of every 10 older adults is abused or neglected in our country, but only one in five elder abuse cases is ever reported.
Abuse and neglect are never a one-size-fits-all case. Any combination of careless or reckless actions can create a dangerous situation. If you see the following signs, your loved one may be suffering from elder neglect or abuse:
- Wounds, especially bruises or broken bones
- Pressure ulcers, also known as decubitus ulcers or bedsores
- Infections, especially infected wounds
- Sudden weight loss or weight gain
- Sudden mood changes or fearfulness
Work With Our Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys To Put A Stop To Abuse Today
If you see any of the above symptoms or if you suspect that an elderly family member of yours has been injured or suffered a wrongful death or elder abuse in a long term care facility, please contact the Akers Law Offices. Our highest priority is to get your loved one out of danger. After that, attorney JB Akers can use his skill and familiarity with nursing home regulation to get you and your relative the compensation that you deserve.