JB Akers Is Here To Help You Protect Your Employment Rights
One’s occupation is not only an income generating activity of a person, but it is also a showcase of an employee’s capabilities and competencies. One keeps a particular job for various reasons and the law protects the rights of employees against abuses or irregular practices in the workplace. Unfortunately, not all employees are aware of their rights and the proper procedures in asserting these rights.
Our attorney, JB Akers, of Akers Law Offices offers legal services to aggrieved employees. We do not only protect the rights of these workers but we also see to it that the law is properly observed. The welfare of our clients is our top priority, thus, we handle the various situations faced by our clients with utmost diligence.
JB Akers has litigated employment cases in West Virginia, including those involving:
When faced with issues involving employment law, an experienced lawyer is what you need. Our lawyer has handled various employment-related cases in West Virginia, including those which involve:
- Sexual harassment and sex discrimination: An employee’s productivity and efficiency decrease once a work environment becomes hostile. As such, incidents involving these situations should be reported and immediately acted upon. Not only does it help the company or the employer but also the victim-employee. With our competent and experienced lawyer, appropriate legal actions and proceedings will be initiated and pursued for you and on your behalf.
- Retaliation for taking or denial of medical/disability leave: The law has granted certain rights and privileges to employees which the employers may not deny. It is only the employee who has the right whether to avail of these benefits or not. Our competent and experienced lawyer will make sure that you can avail or refuse such benefits, without fear of retaliation.
- Retaliation for exercising employment rights: Refusing or preventing an employee from exercising his/her right, when legally entitled to, is against the law. The law protects employees from any form of abuses by employers, including retaliation for exercising employment rights. Should you experience any of these abuses by your employer, our lawyer can discuss with you the appropriate legal actions that must be taken against your abusive employer.
- Other wrongful termination: An employer may not terminate an employee only because the latter exercised any of the rights granted to him/her by law. Damages may be sought by an employee if it can be proven that there was wrongful termination. Our lawyer can assist you in seeking damages against your employer.
- Unpaid overtime or other wages: The law has guaranteed a sufficient amount of compensation for services rendered by an employee, including those rendered overtime. The law likewise provides for the requirements and qualifications in order for an employee to be entitled to other wages. An employer may not refuse to pay a qualified employee of his/her overtime wage and other wages provided by law. Our lawyer can help you in collecting your unpaid wages.
Akers Law Offices is focused on arriving at a fair and just settlement of employment claims through negotiations. Cases are handled and prepared with the same amount of diligence and perseverance as those which necessarily go to trial. With this kind of handling and preparation, we could ensure our clients’ satisfaction, both in cases which proceed to trial and those which do not.