Did You Suffer Injuries Because Of A Defective Or Dangerous Product?
A Product liability lawsuit may be appropriate when you’ve been injured by defective, dangerous or harmful products.
For years, our experienced Product Liability Lawyer has fought on behalf of clients who have been injured by products. What stands out most in many product liability cases is that the victims are unaware of their rights when suffering injuries from faulty or defective products they have purchased and used. If you’ve been injured by a defective or dangerous product, contact a product liability lawyer in West Virginia with proven experience to make sure you understand all of your rights.
Akers Law Firm has taken a variety of Product Liability cases for products such as:
- Consumer products
- Airbag systems
- Defective automobile tires
- Roof systems in automobiles
- Automotive fuel tanks
A common requirement in all West Virginia product liability claims is a finding of a defect in a product. The product defect may be based on the following:
- Negligent design of the product
- Negligent manufacture of the product
- Negligent failure to warn about some harmful aspect of the product
- Breach of an express or implied warranty
- Misrepresentation or fraud about the produced product
Under West Virginia law, the injured person must prove the following:
- The product was defective
- The defect caused the injury or damage
- The product was used in a reasonably foreseeable manner when the injury occurred
- An injury or damage occurred.
Under West Virginia law, a Product Liability Lawsuit may be brought if a defective product injures a person, on the basis that the manufacturer or the seller of that product may be liable for the damages caused by the defective product.
If a defective product seriously injured you or a loved one, talk with an experienced Akers Law product liability attorney – we’re here to fight for you
When you purchase a product from children’s toys to automobiles, you expect it to work as advertised. More importantly, you expect it to be safe. Injuries caused by defective or dangerous products are not only unexpected, but they can also result in expensive medical bills or treatment that can span a lifetime.
Located in Charleston, West Virginia, Akers Law Offices represents workers and consumers who have been injured as a result of the negligent design or manufacturing of products of all kinds.
We handle claims involving dangerous or defective products such as the following:
- Automotive components such as fuel line systems, brakes, window glass, seat belts, air bags, and child safety seats
- Toxic chemicals
- Pharmaceutical products and medical devices, ranging from over-the-counter medications to surgical implants and prostheses
- Industrial machines and equipment, such as saws, drills, presses, extruders and nail guns
- Household power tools
- Mobile home components and systems
- Consumer goods such as stoves, water heaters, space heaters, and smoke detectors
- Children’s toys, clothing, and bedding
- Sporting goods from archery equipment to football helmets