Did You Sustain A Work-Related Injury?
Employers are required to provide a safe and healthy workplace for their employees. Sometimes, they fail to meet this requirement and employees sustain an injury as a result. If you were injured on the job, you may have a personal injury claim in addition to your workers’ compensation claim.
To find out more about your legal options, call the Akers Law Offices at 304-720-1422 for a free initial consultation with our experienced attorney.
JB Akers Speak For Employees Who Suffered Injuries On The Job
JB Akers has helped many injured workers understand and assert their legal rights. We handle work-related injury lawsuits that involve:
- Injuries caused by a third-party, such as car accidents
- Construction accidents involving falls, inadequate safety procedures or heavy machinery
- Life-changing injuries affecting your vision, hearing, spinal cord, neck or head
- Falls from heights or falling debris
- Commercial shipping accidents at shipyards or on docks, barges or boats
- Sawmill and other injuries suffered by workers in the logging industry
- Accidental amputation
- Accidents in mines
It is important to consult with a lawyer when you’ve suffered from a work-related injury. There are things that must be considered to determine if you have a claim. These considerations include:
- Injury during a break might not be considered work-related unless it is in a company cafeteria or involves the employer
- Alcohol-related injury can be considered if it is during a work-related event
- A preexisting condition worsening while on the job
- Mental conditions are treated the same as physical injuries if it is due to work
We Work Hard To Get The Settlement You Deserve
We understand how difficult it is to fight for compensation while you are in pain and suffering. You worry about medical bills, long-term care, and current and future lost wages. Opposing counsel will do their best to try and minimize your claim. If you talk to them alone, you may not get a settlement or award that covers your expenses.
We work with our clients, not only to get them fair compensation but also may negotiate with lien holders, such as hospitals and insurers, to decrease bills you owe in the case we’re handling.
Call our office at 304-720-1422 or send us your information to schedule your free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available.