Catastrophic Injuries Are Life Changing
At Akers Law Offices, we know that suffering a catastrophic injury or losing a loved one in a fatal accident can change your life forever. In these cases working with an attorney that is both strong and sensitive to your needs and situation is critical to a successful outcome personally and in the courtroom.
Attorney JB Akers has both. As a West Virginia native, he has a special desire to help people, like you, that live in the community he loves. As a member of the community he is sensitive to the challenges and harships such a traumatic situation can cause. As a lawyer, he has the skill and experience necessary to handle these complex cases.
Over the years, he has litigated hundreds of cases involving various injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI), acquired brain injury (ABI), coma and closed head injuries leading to gradual cognitive loss
- Severe neck and back injuries, including spinal cord injury resulting in paralysis, paraplegia or quadriplegia
- Serious or extensive burns resulting from fires, explosions, chemical exposure or electrocution
- Scarring and disfigurement caused by burns, surgery, or deep cuts and abrasions
- Amputation of a hand, foot or other limbs
- Birth injuries such as cerebral palsy and other major trauma caused by medical malpractice
JB Akers Will Fight For The Compensation You Need Now, And Compensation That Provides For Your Future
In personal injury litigation that involves long-term or permanent disability, it’s challenging for the plaintiff’s lawyer to show the full extent of the injured party’s losses in a way that translates into compensation for current income, future medical treatment, long-term rehabilitation needs, and pain and suffering.
A case like this is not just about your current medical bills and immediate pain and suffering — it is about the potential lifelong effect your injuries will have on you and your family both emotionally and financially. Some clients will need living assistance for the rest of their lives and we have experience understanding the complications of these types of cases, and obtaining the kind of compensation these serious cases require.
We always work closely with vetted experts from many disciplines and backgrounds, so that every component of your loss is fully understood, documented, and supported by the testimony of a knowledgeable and credible professional. Lifecare planners, doctors, nurses, pharmaceutical experts and other health care specialists may assist us in mapping out your lifelong needs. Your life doesn’t end when your case is over, so we work hard to make sure that your future needs are taken care of.
The quality and persuasiveness of expert evidence can make a substantial difference to the outcome of your personal injury claim. Being as fully prepared as possible including information from experts like this also helps protect you from the risk of accepting an inadequate settlement for your injuries due to a lack of understanding of the true cost of your situation.
Contact Us As Soon As an Accident or Injury Occurs
The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin working to help you. We can help you long before you file your claim.
- We will help you deal directly with your insurance company to get medical treatments and tests approved faster.
- We can and will intervene when your insurance company delays or denies the care you need.
- We can work toward a favorable settlement and quick resolution from day one.
- If litigation ends up being the best option for you, we will have prepared the strongest possible case for trial.
- We can handle all of the insurance and legal details so you can focus on what’s truly important in these challenging times, your or your family member’s recovery.
Meet with JB for your free consultation and learn more about how Akers Law Offices can represent your interests effectively for your best possible outcome. Call us now at 888-720-1422 or 304-720-1422 or send us your information.
We work around your needs, so evening and weekend appointments are available at our offices or at a location convenient to you.